Master Pages allow developers to add multiple master pages to websites.
Adding a New Master Page
- Click on ‘Master Pages’ from the main tree under Settings. On the top horizontal bar you can choose from two options: ‘Master Page’ and ‘Site Assign’.
- To add a new Master Page, click on the ‘Add New Master Page’ button. This will open up a new window where you can populate the following fields:
- Title: Enter the title here.
- Location: As you type your title, this will automatically populate the location field. This is the physical location of the .Net Master Page.
- Once complete, click the ‘Save Master Page’ button. This will bring you back to the work-space, where you can review and add new Master Pages. You can ‘Delete’ Master Pages by choosing ‘Delete’ in the Actions drop-down menu.
To display the newly created Master Page in the Page Details area allowing selection for content editors, you are required to assign the Master Page to a particular website.
- Click on the ‘Site Assign’ option from the top horizontal bar.
- Select your website from the drop-down menu and then check each checkbox under ‘Is Active’ for each website you want the Master Pages to show under.