Under E-Commerce in the main tree, you will find Shipping allows you to enter the information relating to the various shipping methods and costs available to your customers at checkout.
Adding a new shipping option:
- Click on ‘Shipping’ in the main tree and then click the 'Add New Shipping Option' button in the work-space.
- You will then be given new fields to populate with information on your chosen shipping method.
- Organisation – List the shipping company name.
- Delivery Type – Enter the option type.
- Tracking URL – Enter here a URL for the ability to track the shipped item.
- Once completed, click ‘Save Shipping Option’ button. The list of saved shipping companies, including your new entry, will be listed in the work-space.
- On the right of each listing, under ‘Actions’, there is a drop-down menu, with four possible actions: ‘Edit Countries’, ‘Edit Costs’, ‘Edit Details’ and ‘Delete Option’.
Once you have created a shipping option, you can restrict which countries this option applies to.
- Select 'Edit Countries' from the actions menu.
- A list of current countries serviced by this shipping company are displayed.
- To add/edit countries, click ‘Edit Option Countries’ button.
- Tick the box beside the country you want to add.
- Once complete, click ‘Save Option Countries’ button.
Editing Shipping Cost
Every shipping option can have multiple costs depending on the total weight of the order at checkout.
Example: if you require a shipping cost of $24.00 for any delivery up to the weight of 2000 grams
- Select 'Edit Costs' from the actions menu.
- A current list of cost per grams will be displayed.
- To add a new cost, click ‘Add New Option Cost’ button.
- Enter a 'Total Weight' of 2000
- Enter a 'Cost' of 24.00
- To delete a cost, select ‘Delete’ from the actions drop-down list on the right of the cost entry.
- Once complete, click ‘Save Option Cost’ button.
Editing Shipping Details
Shipping types can be edited if required.
- Select 'Edit Details' from the actions menu.
- Edit any previously entered information for the shipping option.
- Once complete, click ‘Save Shipping Option’ button.
Deleting a Shipping Option
- Select 'Delete' from the actions menu.
- You will be prompted first to confirm that you want to delete this entry.
NOTE: The shipping options available to a customer can also be restricted on a product basis.
i.e. if you have a particular product that can only be shipped by a certain shipping provider option, then you can deselect all others within the product variations area.