This contains the URL link for the actual webpage. If you rename a page title the URL alias will change to the new page title and the existing URL will become a secondary alias. This stops search engines picking up 404 errors as these errors have a negative impact on your website’s search rankings.
NOTE: When you require a specific URL for marketing purposes. More than one Alias URL can be added.
Adding a new URL alias
- Click on 'Websites' within the main tree, then click on the red triangle next to your chosen website.
- Click on the red triangle next to 'Pages' to show all pages on your website.
- Click on the page that you want to edit, and then click on the checkout icon at the top right corner of the work space.
- Click on 'URL Aliasing' across the top of the page and then click the 'Add New Alias' button.
- Enter a new alias, then click the 'Save Alias' button.
Deleting a URL alias
- Select 'Delete' from the drop down menu under 'Actions' column.