Multisite allows the publishing of a piece of content to multiple areas/websites at the same time. Whenever the content is edited, all instances of it are automatically updated.
- Click on 'Websites' within the main tree, then click on the red triangle next to your chosen website.
- Click on the red triangle next to 'Pages' to show all pages on your website.
- Click on the page that you want to edit, and then click on the checkout icon at the top right corner of the work space.
- Click on 'Multisite' across the top of the page and the link for your web page will be listed in the work space.
- Click the 'Add Multisite' button and your website tree will be displayed.
- Check the box next to the parent pages. (example: if you have a page in the News area and also would like it to be in the Events area, select the checkbox next to Events).
- Click on the tick button in the top right to save.
NOTE: NgageCMS automatically sets a canonical tag to duplicate content within the same website. This tells search engines that the content has been duplicated for a reason.
Publishing the same content across multiple websites is not advisable, although NgageCMS adds this content to the robots.txt ignore list, which tells search engines to ignore this piece of content, as duplicate content is not allowed across multiple websites.