Create new websites and edit key site features.
Adding a New Website
- Click on ‘Site Settings’ from the main tree under Settings.
- To add a new website, click on ‘Add New Website’ button. This will open up a new window where you can populate the following fields:
- Site Name: Enter your website name here.
- Site URL: Enter a valid website URL here, which starts with http://
- Site Key: This is the key that is provided by Ngage Software.
Note: If you enter an invalid Site Key, an error message pop up will appear, prompting you to contact Ngage Software.
- Once complete, click the ‘Save Website’ button. This will bring you back to the work-space, where you can review and add new websites.
Edit Website Settings
- To ‘Edit’ your website, choose ‘Edit Settings’ from the drop-down menu on the right hand side of the work-space under ‘Actions’.
- This will open up a page where you can edit the following:
- Site Name: This field should already be populated, but you can edit the website name here if required.
- Site URL: This field should already be populated, but you can edit the website URL here if required.
- Site Email: Enter your website email here. Any system emails that are sent out will be sent from this email address.
- Preview URL: This is the URL for your website to be viewed in preview mode.
- CMS StyleSheet: The website stylesheet URL which will style items within the editor.
- Default Template: When your website is first launched, this is the default page that will be loaded.
- Revision Save Amount: This is the number of revision items that are saved before being deleted. The default is set at 20.
- Teaser Char Length: The teaser character length is automatically set at 250 characters, but this can be changed if required.
- Adverts Enabled: Check the checkbox to enable adverts in the ‘Meta Data’ area. The default is set as unchecked.
- Google API Key: This field will enable you're developer to end a google API key, this is primarily used if you have an address finder on you're website.
Every website URL requires a valid site key.
If your development environment consists of several servers like development, user application testing (UAT) or live servers, each website URL and key can be added within this area.
- On the top horizontal bar, click on ‘Site Keys’.
- To add a new key, click on ‘Add New Key’ button. This will bring up a new window where you can populate the following fields:
- Site URL: Enter the website URL here.
- Site Key: Enter the Site Key here. This key will be provided by Ngage Software.
- Once complete, click on ‘Save New Key’ button and this will bring you back to the work-space where you can review your site key or add another key.
- To delete a key, click on ‘Delete Key’ in the drop-down menu under ‘Actions’ on the right hand side of the work-space.