Menus provide a list of links either to an internal or external web page, these can be displayed in many different ways from a list of links to a dropdown list, your developer will be able to assist you with this.
- Click on 'Websites' from the main navigation, this will display a list of your websites. Click on the red arrow next to the website you wish to edit, 'Menus' should be the last item in the list.
- Click on 'Menus' this will bring up any existing menus groups, with the following actions:
- Edit Group Name: Allows you to change the group name.
- Edit Menu Items: Allows you to add/edit items listed in the menu group.
- Move Menu Up/Down: Allows you to change the position of the item, the website will display items in the order they are displayed in the CMS.
- Delete Menu: Will delete the menu group and all of the child items.
To add a new menu group and items:
- To add new menu group, click on 'Add New Menu Group'.
- Enter a group name (example: a menu group could be named ‘Footer Menu’).
- Click on ‘Save Menu Group’.
- You then have the option to add menu items, click on 'Add New Menu Item'
- Display Name: The name displayed on the website.
- URL: The URL of the link to navigate.
- Is External Link: If the website is an external website, selecting this checkbox will force the link to open in a new tab or window.
- Click 'Save Menu Item', to save.